Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Orchard Chicken Salad Recipe
This isn't exactly a copycat recipe because I changed a few ingredients. I left out the lettuce and tomato, I exchanged raisins for grapes, and I added walnuts for crunch. It's a light, refreshing salad that can be eaten on its own, on a roll, or on a bed of greens.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 honeycrisp apples
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (not pictured oopse!)
1/4 cup halved seedless grapes
1 cup mayonnaise (more if desired)
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp black pepper
1. Cook the chicken breast until it reaches 165 degrees. Allow to cool.
2. Shred chicken breast. I used my Kitchenaid stand mixer.
3. Rinse the grapes and apples. Cut the grapes in half and chop the apples into 1/2 inch cubes.
3. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
4. Place the salad in the refrigerator and serve when desired!