Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Rosemary Bacon Popcorn Recipe
1/4 cup light olive oil
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
1 strip of cooked bacon
1/3 cup unpopped popcorn
3 tbsp cooking oil (I used vegetable)
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (if desired)
1. Pour the olive oil in a container that you can tightly seal and place the bacon and rosemary in the oil. Allow the oil mixture to sit in a cool dry place for 1 week,
2. Taste test your oil to make sure the flavor is right. Let it sit a few more days if it needs to be stronger.
3. When the infused oil is ready, pour the vegetable oil and one corn kernel in a large port with a heavy lid.
4. After the corn kernel pops, pour in the remaining popcorn. Cover the pot and allow the corn to pop until you don't hear any more popping. Cook on medium high heat.
6. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top to add more salty goodness!