Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Molcajete Guacamole Recipe
I know people read recipes on blogs like ours and think, " I should totally make that!" but then never actually do it. I'm guilty. In this case, though, I urge you. No, I beg you to try this recipe. It will restore your faith in guac if you've had too many restaurant or other lazy versions recently. Not to mention this recipe is vegan and dairy-free. I think the main reason it tastes so delicious is because it is made of fresh ingredients without added chemicals and preservatives.
1 medium ripe avocado
1 medium tomato
1 small diced jalapeno
1 small key lime
1 corn cob
1 tbsp light olive oil
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Unwrap the corn cob and cook it in boiling water for about 20 minutes. Set the corn aside to cool.
2. Place the tomato, oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, jalapeno in the molcajete bowl.
3. Squeeze about 1 tbsp of lime juice into the bowl and then mash it together until it looks like salsa. See below.
4. Cut your avocados in half and carefully scoop out the inside. Use the masher to break the avocado down and mix it with the salsa.
6. If your avocado shells are still in nice condition, spoon the guac into the shells to use them as cute serving dishes! Enjoy with your favorite chips!