My post this week was born from my love for pizza and the colors of fruit. I wanted to make a pizza with a vibrant look and taste, so I decided to try a dessert pizza instead of savory. I love a pepperoni pizza as much as Miley Cyrus, but sometimes it's good to think outside the box and improve upon the classics. Like a traditional pizza, my Fruit and Honey pizza has a crust, sauce, cheese and toppings. It can be customized to your own standards, of course, so the possibilities are endless. Depending on the season, you could have different color schemes with your fruit or just cover the pizza with a lot of your favorite fruit.
I like to think of this recipe as a lazy man's fruit tart. It has the crispy crust of the tart but it doesn't require the same amount of finesse and baking skills. To that end, it's still a special treat that you should share with the people you love most.
1 premade crust ( I used Pillsbury Crescent dough sheet)
8 oz mascarpone
2 tbsp heavy cream
2 tbsp honey
1 egg white
1. Bake the crust for about 5 minutes at 375 degrees.
2. Whip together the egg white and 1 teaspoon honey until combined.
3. Remove the crust from the oven and brush the egg white mixture over the top of it. Place the crust back in the oven for another 5 to 8 minutes until it is golden brown.
4. whip together the mascarpone, cream, and 1 tbsp honey until it begins to look like ice cream and is well combined.
5. Place the mascarpone mixture in the refrigerator. Remove the crust from the oven and allow it to cool completely (about 20 minutes).
6. When the crust is cooled, spread the mascarpone over the crust evenly.
7. Chop and dice your favorite fruits and arrange them on the top of the mascarpone mixture. Drizzle with the remaining honey. Enjoy!