Continuing on with our theme of making something delicious when life gives you lemons, I have a tasty lemon recipe for you as well. Since my last post, I haven't had too many "lemons" in life, but things are definitely busy. I got a new kitten who loves to be around her people. Every morning when I leave her sleepy little face, I feel my heart breaking. The first thing I do what I get home is yell, "where's my Stella!" It's hard to find time to cook with all of these animals to love!
My recipe for you today are some yummy little morsels. They are chicken breast nuggets marinated in a mixture of lemon juice, thyme, and black pepper. You can serve them with your favorite vegetable on the side, dip them in a scrumptious scrumptious scrumptious, or put them on bread to make a sandwich. I wanted to make something simple but satisfying, and I think you will enjoy them if you try making them yourself.
1 lbs chicken breast cubed
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
4 or 5 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
A dash of sea salt
1. Rinse cubed chicken with cold water.
2. In a bowl mix together lemon juice, olive oil, thyme, pepper, and salt.
3. Add the chicken to the bowl and mix a bit more.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, preheat a large pan covered with a thin layer of olive oil on the stove at medium heat for about 2 minutes.
6. Slowly add the chicken mixture to the pan and cook for about 20 minutes.
7. When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove from the pan and enjoy with your side dish of choice.