This week I wanted to post a Super Bowl snack. I was thinking of something easy, cheesy, delicious, and crowd-pleasing. When I think of Super Bowl parties, I imagine two groups of people: one group that's glued to the screen and another that is there for the social aspect. Having a variety of fun and easy-to-eat snacks is a must at a gathering like this because you want to keep it simple for the ones who won't look away from the game but still entertain those who are there to see everyone.
After taking all of the requirements into account, I decided to make a Double Decker Quesadilla Pizza. It is very easy to make, and it is yummy and fun for kids and adults alike. Each pizza quesadilla serves 1 to 2 adults or 2 to 3 kids, so it is an easy way to satisfy those hungry bellies. Sit back, relax, and let's hope there's wardrobe malfunction to talk about this year.
Double Decker Quesadilla Pizza Recipe
2 tortillas for each quesadilla pizza
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella for each pizza
4 tbsp pizza sauce for each pizza
1 bag of small pepperonis (makes about 4 pizzas)
optional: other toppings to customize the pizzas like mushroom, olive, sausage, Canadian bacon, pineapple, etc.
1, Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Lay down a tortilla, cover it with 2 tbsp of pizza sauce spread evenly.
3. Sprinkle the sauce-covered tortilla with 1/4 cup of cheese and then top with about 12 pepperonis.
5. Remove the quesadilla from the pan and place on a plate. Cover one side with the rest of the sauce, cheese, and about 12 pepperonis.
6. Move the quesadilla to a cooking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 3 minutes. The toppings should be heated through and cheese should be melted.
7. Allow to cool, cut into pizza-like slices, and enjoy!