I needed something quick and easy this week. It has been hot and the grilling has been easy (stay tuned for the results). I wanted to use up some veggies and this was a great way to do it. To kick it up and make it even yummier I whipped up this sauce. I have been playing around with this sauce for awhile and I think I finally nailed it. You could add any meat to give the meal a protein punch but it is also great with out.
For stir fry
- one carrot
- a hand full of snow peas
- a quarter of a head of red cabbage
- one yellow squash
- one crown of broccoli
- half a red onion
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
For the peanut sauce
- 2/3 cup of chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce or tamari for gluten free
- one garlic clove, chopped
- pinch of red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up all the veggies so they are about the same size so they will cook evenly.
- Mix together sauce ingredients and set aside. You can heat up the peanut butter for a few seconds in the microwave to help mix.
- Make sure you have everything ready before you start to cook. Heat a wok or large frying pan med high. Test the pan to see if it is hot enough by adding a drop of water, if it evaporates in seconds the pan is ready.
- Add oil to the pan and veggies except carrots and snow peas. Stir to coat in oil. Cook for 3 mins.
- Add water, snow peas and carrots and cover for 3 mins.
- Clear a spot in the middle of the pan and add sauce. Stir till combined.
- Serve over bed of rice.