This pasta salad is my favorite thing to eat in summer. Favorite! When I was a kid I would make it with the help of my mom. We would make it the night before and let it sit over night in the fridge. It is sooooo much better the next day. In the neighborhood where I grew up there is a pool. I would walk there spend most of the day swimming and walk home. This was my favorite thing to eat when I got home. It is cool and refreshing. I like it best on a bed of lettuce.
- Pasta, elbow is the best but I could only find penne type that was gluten free.
- Two cans of tuna fish in water
- One English cucumber
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a few grinds of peppers
- Tomatoes, one small per serving or 2 large
- optional, lettuce
- Cook pasta according to package directions and let cool.
- Peel cucumber and slice into thin half moons.
- Mix cucumbers, tuna, pasta, mayo and spices in a large bowl.
- Cool in the fridge over night.
- Add chopped tomato before serving on a bed of lettuce.