I love that the weather is warming up but when it is hot I dont want to be in the kitchen. Salads are a staple for me in summer. They are cool and fresh just what you need when it is hot. This salad is extra easy because you dont cut the lettuce till you are eating it. I remember ordering wedge salads when I was younger and loving them! I would get them at a local restaurant that is no longer around. The one I loved was made of iceberg lettuce, not my fave, and chunky blue cheese dressing. I loved blue cheese. Now that I am dairy free it is nice to still have a creamy dressing. The balsamic mixed in the dressing gives the salad a blue cheeseish taste. Love. I mixed things up by using butter lettuce and adding bacon. Not to shabby. Normally I make a oil and vinegar dressing in the bowl. With this dressing I could make a bunch in advance and eat it for days.
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 3 slices of cooked bacon
- 2 small or 1 medium tomato
- 3 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut head of lettuce in half from the bottom. Make sure you keep the core intact.
- Cut each half into thirds.
- Core tomatoes and slice them.
- Chop bacon.
- Lay out lettuce and tomatoes on a platter.
- Pour dressing over everything.
- Top with bacon.
Makes 3 servings
What is your go to summer salad?