Hiya pals! Red cabbage is one of my favorite things. I can eat it raw. When I cut it up I have to move quickly so I dont eat it all before I finish my recipe. Slaw is a quick and easy addition to any BBQ. I made up this recipe when I had leftover dill from when I made Deviled Eggs. I had never made slaw with out a kit from the store. Now I am totally converted and fresh is for me. The red cabbage is great, the carrots bring a little sweetness and dont forget the dill!
- half a head of red cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar, I used apple cider
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of dill
- Peel outer layers from the cabbage and cut out the core. You can save and roast it.
- Slice the cabbage in the slimmest strips you can. A food processor would work too.
- Peel the carrots and grate on the small side of a box grater. Again a food processor can help.
- Remove dill from steams and chop.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix till combined.