Hiya pals! I love potatoes. A lot. They are amazing. I think garlic and rosemary make them taste even better. I used to use a mandolin and slice potatoes really thin and cover them in oil and garlic and rosemary. They were the best crispy tender treats, but you could only bake a few on a tray at a time. They took forever and I would eat the first batch before the second was done in the oven. These criss cross potatoes are even easier and just as delicious!
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, I like a lot
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, enough to drizzle over potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut potatoes in half the long way.
- Pick which design you want for your potatoes.
- Chopsticks next to the potato will help you not cut all the way down. You want the bottom skin intact. Be very careful cutting the edges that are higher than your chopsticks. If you are careful you can do the whole potato that way. Even if you go through the skin they will still taste yummy!
- Rinse potatoes and pat dry, this removes some of the starch.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and salt and pepper. Wait on the garlic and rosemary.
- Bake for 45 mins. Remove from oven and turn it off.
- Cover with garlic and rosemary and return to the cooling oven for 8 mins.
- Remove from oven and do your best to let them cool so you dont burn your face off!
Let me know which way you would cut your potatoes in the comments!