Hiya pals! Look at me mixing it up and posting a veggie recipe. April Fools! Ok so its a day late but still hilarious. I go through food obsessions where for weeks at a time all I want to eat is a certain dish. The current obsession is red cabbage and my fave way to eat it is roasted, almost burnt! Here is how I make it.Ingredients:
- one head of red cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons (or enough to cover cabbage) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove outer leaves of the head of cabbage. Cut the cabbage in half then remove the core. Slice into 1/4 inch strips. The thinner you slice it the faster it will cook.
- Add half of the olive oil to a cookie sheet. Next add the cabbage and drizzle on the rest of the oil and mix to coat.
- Sprinkle cabbage with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack. Stir after 15 minutes.
- I bake them for an extra 15 minutes to get the crispy brown edges... Love.
I love this so much that I eat it everyday for breakfast with my eggs and bacon.