Hiya pals! The sun had been shining quite a bit here in rainy Portland Oregon. It is supposed to be in the 80s on Thursday. Pretty exciting. Spring is finally here and with that lighter food. One of the first dishes I ever made all by myself when I was a kid was a fruit salad. Whenever we went to visit my Gram she would send me out to the garden to pick strawberries and I would cut up fruit with a plastic knife. Sadly I am now allergic strawberries but I still have a special place in my heart for a fruit salad! This one is a bit more mature with addition of mint, probably my favorite herb. My dads family grows it and the smell always makes me think of family. I hope I can get my mom's seal of approval on this dish! Happy Mother's Day Mom!
This salad is great with the different kinds of grapes but you could any fruit you like. Each bite has a little bit of everything. Sweet and tart.
- 5 cups of seedless grapes, I used red, black and green
- a pinch of salt
- juice from a 1/4 of an orange
- a tablespoon of mint
- Use two lids or plates to cut up the grapes quickly. Picture above. Make sure you hold the lids very firmly but keep your fingers out of the way. Place cut grapes in a bowl.
- Add orange juice and salt to grapes.
- Chop up the mint very small and add to grape mixture.
- Mix very gently so you dont break up the grapes.
Happy Mother's Day Moms!