Hi, it's your friend Holly again. Do you know what the most serious and dangerous disease is that's about to have a huge outbreak tomorrow morning? Well, it's called the "Mondays." Symptoms include: inexplicable anger, extreme fatigue, and the desire to throw random computers through the nearest window. While the only known cure for a case of the Mondays is the weekend, I am about to share a recipe that will dull the pain significantly. Follow along with me here: Asparagus, cheese, bacon, AND (yes AND) prosciutto.
What you'll need:
8 asparagus spears
4 strips of bacon
4 strips of thinly sliced prosciutto
4 mozzarella sticks
4 pepper jack sticks (see photos below for example)
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Snap the large, hard ends off of the asparagus spears
3. Place two spears together and then add a stick of mozzarella pepper jack to each couple
4. Wrap each cheese and asparagus bundle with a strip of prosciutto and then wrap a strip of bacon around the bundle. Try to cover all of the cheese and asparagus with either bacon or prosciutto.
5. Place the wrapped bundles on a broiling pan and then place in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes, turn the bundles carefully with a pair of tongs, and then cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. Check the bundles frequently to avoid burning.
6. Serve your asparagus bundles with your favorite alcoholic beverage and be glad that Monday is over!