Hello foodies, it's Holly again bringing you some more love. If you're like me, you've dreamed of making your own ground meats since you were young. No? Well, for those like me, I'm going to share me recipe for delicious, decadent homemade burgers that will impress even the most indifferent date. If you don't have a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer with FGA, then you should start by getting one, but you could also use a Cuisinart food processor to grind it instead. Anyway, let's get back to the romantic part of this post. Burgers can be customized in a number of ways once you have your patties cooked. You can place them on some fresh, soft bread and top them with your favorite sauces, spreads, and veg.
1 lb beef steaks (I recommend boneless sirloin steaks)
4 slices of bacon
6 crimini mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the beef into 1 inch strips and cut the bacon slices into quarters.
2. Feed a few pieces of steak into the FGA (good grinder attachment, using the fine grinding plate) followed by a few pieces of bacon. Do not put all of the bacon in at once because it will not mix throughout the burger this way.
3. Feed a few mushrooms in after every few meat rotation.
4. One you've ground all of your meat and mushrooms once through, feed the mixture through the FGA again to make the meat more tender,
5, Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Loosely form the meat mixture into patties that are no more than 3/4 in thick. You can make about 6 small burgers or 2 -3 large burgers depending on preference.
7, Place the meat mixture in the fridge while you heat a lightly greased, large pan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
8. Add the burgers to the pan and cook on each side for 5 to 8 minutes, depending on your idea of doneness.
9. Now the rest is up to you! You can place a slice of sharp cheddar on top of each patty about 3 minutes before they're done to get a nice melted cheese topping. I put my burger on a parmesan and herb artisan bread and spread a bit of mayo on it. I like simple burger toppings for a patty like this so the flavor can really shine.