Hi foodies, it's Holly again! A tuna melt is the perfect meal for a someone who lives or alone or whose family ate dinner while they were at work (rude). It is easy to cook satisfying, and it is not difficult to make only one portion of it. Also, hot tuna is so much tastier than it sounds. Yes, it may leave a bit of an unpleasant odor in your kitchen (for the rude people who ate dinner without you), but it's worth the stench.
What you'll need:
2.6 oz pouch of Hickory Smoked flavor tuna (or a can of plain tuna with 1/2 TBSP BBQ sauce)
1 TBSP of Best Foods mayonnaise
2 slices of bread
Enough cheese to cover a slice of bread
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven or convection oven to 500 degrees
1. Mix tuna and mayo until the tuna is broken apart.
2. Spread tuna mix on one slice of bread and cover the other slice with cheese. Top with salt and pepper.
4. Place the bread directly on the oven rack and then place the rack in the highest position in the oven.
5. Cook the tuna melt for about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Top the sandwich with a few pieces of fresh iceberg lettuce and tomato slices.