Hiya pals! I am not sure if I have made it clear that I love veggies... Spinach is amazing! It is good for you and tastes delicious. Add garlic and bacon and you have a super winner. This dish is really fast and easy. Great as a side dish or all on its own as a snack. What makes this dish extra easy is the precooked bacon and the garlic press. I love my garlic press and use it all the time.
Four large handfuls of Spinach, washed and dried (you can buy pre washed)
Two slices of bacon, I used precooked
One tablespoon of Olive Oil
One clove of Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cutting Board, use a plastic one if you are using uncooked bacon
Pan with a Lid
- Heat pan to med high heat and add olive oil.
- Chop bacon. I like to cut the two slices in half then stack them.
- Press your garlic with the garlic press and add to pan. Stir.
- Add bacon to pan. Stir. Heat bacon for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach to the pan one handful at a time. Stir. It will start to wilt quickly and will all fit. Once spinach is coated with oil cover the pan with a lid and let cook for 2 minutes. The spinach will wilt down to almost nothing...
- Once the spinach wilts and turns a deep shade of green you are done!
Let me know if you try it or what your fave way to eat spinach is!